Ministry of Rural Development
Veddis in partnership with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) has established a Governance Project Management Unit (PMU) at MoRD to provide technical support to Deendayal Antyodaya Yojna- National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) towards
- Strengthening Cluster Level Federations (CLFs) through streamlining institutional & financial processes.
- Establishing monitoring mechanisms for measuring and improving governance.
- Implementation of a national strategy for convergence between PRIs and SHGs and its federations; and
- Strategic support to DAY-NRLM on any other innovative models for establishing a proof of concept.
The Governance PMU at MoRD will work closely with NRLM in preparing guidelines and policies under various verticals, standard operating procedures, community operational manuals, governance assessment tools, and other data tools to evaluate the maturity of the SRLMs – the program and its staff. The state-level implementation PMUs will be responsible for piloting the interventions and providing recommendations to MoRD for pan-India replication.
- Policy Support: Veddis will support DAY-NRLM in gap assessments, data collation, analyzing existing government data, and preparing standard operating procedures, community operational manuals & policy guidelines for the effective roll-out of the program.
- Data-driven Governance: Data tools to assess governance and evaluate the performance of the SRLMs – the program, resources, outputs, outcomes, etc. These include gap assessments, designing dipsticks and impact survey tools, and their rollout in SRLMs with Veddis PMU.
- Training Support: As per mutual understanding, Veddis will extend training and capacity-building support to DAY-NRLM partners in other states for roll-out.
- An annual report on the State of SRLMs focussing on effective governance is to be undertaken on behalf of MoRD on the basis of a Governance index.
- Technical Support: Veddis will provide strategic support to MoRD and SRLMs in the form of technical manpower and other kinds of consultancy required for establishing proof of concept for chosen interventions on the ground.